The Magician on the lion

I was blinded not by the world, but by my own failure to take a pause and look inside. It was time to call her, how unfortunate that a mother had to be called, when she was the truest and purest being, whose feet should have been engraved in the chest of the devotee, the son. Yet it was important to call her, for a lost child will run to whom but his mother. In search of truth, in search of light, in search of hope.

As the budding surgeon looked outside the window of the hospital while having his meal all alone, he saw a thousand drops of rains. In some he saw crushed values and moral systems, in some he saw his deteriorating mental health, abuses, unfairness of colleagues, failed relationships, a family where he wasn't able to do much despite trying his best. He saw some drops inside his eyes too, drops which he never let come outside.

After finishing his meal he begun his work in the ward and casualty. In the chaos of his surroundings, he had ignored to look into the eyes of the patients. He could see figures in lab parameters , clinical signs, improvement or deterioration in symptoms, but he never saw the eyes. It seemed something struck him that day and he looked into the eyes of a patient. A young little child of 3, in his postoperative period. He could definitely see his tears as he dressed his wounds, and a shiver ran down his spine, for they resonated with something deep within and he could listen a sound, the sound of an animal..In the mystical moment, a lion raced somewhere, getting constantly drenched in the waterfall. Seated on the lion was the divine goddess mother Durga.

As the lion raced further piercing the flow of the coruscating waterfall, Ma Durga opened her third eye. The young surgeon collapsed inside the brilliance of the light!

"I was calling you from a long time mother...but it seemed that I had become voiceless"
"Had you not seen me child? I had kept my hand on your forehead"

"O Mother! I was lost amidst the havoc. When I saw things getting shattered, I could not see elsewhere.."
"..So much that you forgot to see what was always so close"

"Yes. I lost my path. But now I'm here, looking for answers. It seems suffering has become a permanent part of my life"
"Ask yourself that again. Is it suffering or is it a path to growth? If you see it as a point of pain, you shall feel more pain.
If you see it as a test to prove your internal strength, then you shall feel MY STRENGTH, MY SHAKTI"

"What about the unjust ways of the people around me, the unfair behaviour, cruelty which I never deserved "
"You deserve peace and love my child.. But this peace and love is not in their hands, it is in your hands. Patience, perseverance and penance is how you will achieve it. You might encounter thorns time and again, but remember, I'm seated deep down inside you, and I am the eternal power, unnafected by the worldly things. It is not my divine nature which separates me from them, but it is my firm belief in righteousness, pure intentions and an infine ocean of love within"

"O Mother. I promise you I shall fight and make sincere efforts to spread your light"
He fell on Ma Durga's feet
"Arise. You are the beholder of Shakti! Arise!"

The child stopped crying now, he was smiling  as his dressing was finished. Tears rolled down the doctors cheeks. It seemed they wanted to come out since a million years. He wiped them quickly and smiled gently running his hand on the child's forehead. Ma Durga smiles.



Comments

  1. Heart touching article! I am glad you started writing again 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart touching story 🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts